2019 Crossword Puzzles
Crossword puzzles that are found in the printable versions of the Monthly Weed Post. The answers are included below each crossword, but that doesn't mean you can cheat.
This crossword is also located on page 2 of the printable PDF (420KB)
- 3: This is helpful for determining burn severity; 2 words, 9 letters total.
- 7: Term used for how badly a wildfire burned*; 8 letters.
- 8: Perennial plants will resprout if this part is not severely damaged; 4 letters.
- 9: Weed control method especially useful in large (5-10 acre) infestations; 10 letters.
- 10: Invasive grass that may increase with fire fighting activities; 10 letters.
- 1: Vector for weed introduction following wildfire; 2 words, 10 letters total.
- 2: Term used for how often wildfire burns in an area*; 9 letters.
- 4: First step in post-fire monitoring plan*; 9 letters.
- 5: Soil that repels water; 11 letters.
- 6: No need to worry! This colonizing species is just doing its job; 8 letters.
*see Extension publication Managing Weeds After Wildfire (27MB PDF)
- 3: Soil color
- 7: Severity
- 8: Root
- 9: Biological
- 10: Cheatgrass
- 1: Donated hay
- 2: Frequency
- 4: Inventory
- 5: Hydrophobic
- 6: Fireweed
Answers are being added daily, if the month you're looking for isn't posted yet, just send an email request.
Questions or comments about the Monthly Weed Posts and their crosswords can be addressed to Extension Invasive Plants specialist Jane Mangold. Past posts are available in the Monthly Weed Post directory