2020 Crossword Puzzles
Crossword puzzles that are found in the printable versions of the Monthly Weed Post. The answers are included below each crossword, but that doesn't mean you can cheat.
This crossword is also located on page 2 of the printable PDF (1MB)
- 2: One way in which weeds spread; ranked high in the 1994 survey; 4 letter word.
- 5: Number one "very important" or "extremely important" impact of noxious weeds is associated with these; 2 words, 12 letters total.
- 7: Two most frequent sources of learning about noxious weeds; 2 words, 13 letters total.
- 9: Often touted as an important part of noxious weed management; 9 letter word.
- 1: Method used to conduct 2019 survey; more effective in the era of mobile phones; 2 words, 9 letters total.
- 3: Another way in which weeds spread; ranked high on 2019 survey; 6 letter word.
- 4: Average score of self-reported knowledge for this group was higher than for the sample population; 3 letter word.
- 5: Funding organization for the 2019 survey (abbreviation); 4 letter word.
- 6: Method used to conduct 1994 survey of Montanans' noxious weed awareness; 9 letter word.
- 8: Percentage of people packing livestock onto public lands who use certified noxious weed seed-free forage; 7 letter word.
- 2: Wind
- 5: Native Plants
- 7: Friends Family
- 9: Education
- 1: Mail Based
- 3: Humans
- 4: Men
- 5: NWTF (Montana Noxious Weed Trust Fund)
- 6: Telephone
- 8: Seventy
- 3: Management strategy during early stages of invasion; 11 letters.
- 6: My wish for you during this time; 2 words, 8 letters.
- 7: The "T" in "OTA"; 10 letters.
- 10: Website for the Monthly Weed Post; 17 letters.
- 1: Measuring the benefit of this action is hard to do; 10 letters.
- 2: Practice to help slow the spread of coronavirus; 2 words, 16 letters.
- 4: Invasive forb in Montana being managed through early detection and rapid response; 2 words, 9 letters.
- 5: Public awareness of invader usually begins while managers are practicing this; 11 letters.
- 8: (blank) versus reactive; 9 letters.
- 9: Help (blank) the curve; 7 letters.
- 3: Eradication
- 6: Stay Well
- 7: Technology
- 10: MSU Invasive Plants
- 1: Prevention
- 2: Social Distancing
- 4: Dyer's Woad
- 5: Containment
- 8: Proactive
- 9: Flatten
Coming soon, for now please refer to the Temporary answer page
Questions or comments about the Monthly Weed Posts and their crosswords can be addressed to Extension Invasive Plants specialist Jane Mangold. Past posts are available in the Monthly Weed Post directory